A weekly series where we share our family’s actual Mediterranean diet meal plan, along with a few things we’ve been loving this past week. The goal is to simply share meal and recipe ideas.
Our Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
We share our family’s weekly meal plan simply for meal ideas and recipe inspiration for anyone else looking for suggestions. Please keep in mind that every family and person is different and this is just what works for us.
We’ve saved all our previous weekly meal plans in one convenient location – Weekly Mediterranean Diet Meal Plans.
How We Meal Plan
We go more in depth on how we go about planning meals in this post – Meal Planning Guide but just to quickly summarize –
- Breakfast is usually pretty standard in our house so I don’t include it on our meal plan list
- My kids either bring a bagged lunch or buy hot lunch at school so I only meal plan for my lunch (and my husband if he is working from home that day)
- I include notes on some days to indicate if the meal is something we have to make quickly, on the go, etc. This really helps when it comes to planning meals and buying food to know our schedule in advance.
- On Saturdays we typically eat leftovers and eat out for lunch or dinner. I indicate that on the meal plan each week but just in case you were wondering
What We Ate This Week
This week was a busy one between work, school and after school activities. The holidays are also upon us, so we are prepping for parties, meals and all the things. This week our meals were a combination of trying to add in as many veggies as possible while keeping meals easy to make.
Sunday was one of our last free weekends without any plans, so we took advantage of that by making a slow cooking dish the whole family loved – Garlic Braised Short Ribs. They cooked in the oven for hours and filled the house with an amazing aroma. It was a great family meal that we all enjoyed.
Link to Recipes We Loved
These are the recipes we enjoyed this past week –
- Easy Lunch Salad – packed with amazing ingredients and once we made the quinoa, it took less than 5 minutes each day to pull this together
- Garlic Braised Short Ribs – this dish was phenomenal! The whole family loved it. Will definitely make again
- Breakfast Tacos – easily one of our favorite quick lunches or dinners to pull together during the week.
- Soup – we made a huge batch of this Spinach & White Bean Soup this past week and enjoyed it many days in a row.
Recipes Coming to The Domestic Dietitian Soon
We are putting the finishing touches on the following recipes and hope to share them next week –
- Caesar Baked Chicken (sooooo good and easy!)
- Thai Style Tacos (recipe contest we are sharing next week)
(Visited 48 times, 12 visits today)
Last modified: December 8, 2022