A single pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium complete wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm items and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warmth the olive oil in a big cooking pot around medium-substantial warmth.
- Incorporate the minced garlic and cook for a minute stirring with a wooden spoon. Insert the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Increase 50 % of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Incorporate calamari pieces and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Lessen warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and prepare dinner for a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the very hot drinking water minor by very little stirring consistently with a wooden spoon. The orzo will absorb it rapidly. It normally takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to prepare dinner this way and turn into al dente. Not much too delicate when you chunk it. Add the rest of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, after you have stirred in all the h2o and the orzo has cooked to al dente, consider the pot off the warmth and enable stand for a number of minutes. The additional orzo sits the extra it absorbs the sauce so really don’t worry if the sauce isn’t going to appear as thick. It will get there even if it is eradicated from the warmth.
- Serve orzo with lots of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on best with basil leaves.
(Visited 412 times, 1 visits now)